Right when you think you have a good plan………
So. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make this weekend happen to my liking, but no matter how I slice it the road ride from Moab to Fruita on an MTB w/knobbies is so unnatractive. Then crackhead Lynda this am was bubbling with inspiration: why not do an out and back of the Koko?
Well, why not? There are good reasons to do it:
– shakedown for GLR
– the weekend is clear
– it appeals to the manic in me
– weather looks great, albeit a bit warm
– if things go awry, bailouts abound
– there are zero restocking options on the route
– is it reasonable to think one can do ~ 4300 TSS in 16 days and come out of that stronger, not wasted???
– I don’t think I could (or really want to) do it without a sleep break. More gear required = slower climbing.
– The Yeti is in St George getting gussied up, it’ll have to be on the Fuel.
Sure seems like a great idea to me. Intimidating, and I’ve been cheated out of the anticipation…but not the journey.
Thanks so much Lynda. I think ;)