New website for this race: http://2-epic.com/events/dixie311.html
Be sure to check out the maps: http://2-epic.com/maps/311map.html
Unless you are doing TD there’s a big blank spot on the multi-day calendar in June.
I have a solution: The Dixie Three Eleven!
311 miles of bikepacking bliss awaits. The route includes the choice parts of Trans Utah – Virgin River Rim trail, Pole Canyon and the Sunset Cliffs, Grandview trail – and adds so much more. Thunder Mountain, the Skyline Drive trail in the Tushars to name a couple.
From the section in the Tushars:
The long road sections of TU are not present in this route. The trail/road ratio is similar to CocoBob.
What: This is a multi-day self-supported mountain bike race.
When: Friday, June 25 8:00 AM
Where: Near Parowan, UT.
It is no accident that this event fits in with the new CTR plan on LW Coaching. It’s got all of the elements needed to refine a CTR assault in August.
Stay tuned for full details and GPX track.
Are you in?
A preliminary track is ready. NOTE: this is preliminary pending a couple scouting missions. It will work for general planning. The route will no doubt change close to race time based on scouting missions.
- Added Spruce trail on the Markagunt
- Added Louder ponds trail on the Markagunt
- Added remote trail network atop the Sevier Plateau, including a singletrack descent of Mount Dutton
- More singletrack in the Tushars
- Removed the Navajo lake loop (the complete VRRT should be plenty, eh?)
- Added trails south of Hwy 20
The profile has changed a bit.