It's high time I set a date for Trans Utah if I expect anyone to do the ride with me, so without further ado, here's what you need to know.
- Start: Friday, Oct 3 at 3am.
- Route: The starting point is my house in St George, the finish point is Escalante. The course will include elevations of 2500 to 10k; a bit over 300 miles; Lots of everything - dirt road, fireroad, singletrack, a touch of pavement, big views, lotsa fall colors in the high country. I'll have a GPS file ready in September.
- Services: there will be long sections between towns but options will exist roughly 10 miles off-route.
- Concept: this is leg one of a route that will eventually go to Moab from StG.
- Rules: similar to GLR, AZT etc, with the addition of a 2 person team format. Self-supported where the self-supported concept applies to the team as a whole, whether that team is one or two riders.
The route is point to point. That means we need to do some shuttle action. The drive is about 3 hours one way. I've cleared Thursday, Oct 2 to do some shuttles with folks. I'll also open my house to anyone that's in, well if you don't smell funny.
Any questions? Who's in? Ah, that's right...anyone likely to do it is out flogging themselves on the CT right now.