One of the great things about this team is it's diversity - we've got fast young bucks and fast old bulls - we all come at it from different angles. What am I going to blog about? Let's first lay out what it won't be. My life as an engineer would bore most folks to tears. I'm accustomed to the glazed over looks when discussing what I do for a living. The daily routine is: get up early (like 3-4am), surf a bit, do core/flexibility stuff, work, eat, ride, eat, work, sometimes ride again, always eat again, and again...repeat...every day is groundhog day, but a good groundhog day.
Enough of that. Here's what to look forward to as time allows:
- discussions of training techniques for various types of events.
- I'll share some power files along the way...
- An objective look at where, if anywhere, 29ers outshine their little 26er cousins. I've got 2 29ers and a garage full of 26ers, power taps for each wheel size - and plan to get to the bottom of the hype.
- Race reports. I'll play catchup - 2005 has been a dream season and I've had a lot of requests for some reports. Look for reviews of the E100 series, the 24 hours of Steamboat, and the 24 hours of Moab.
- Some favorite workouts...
See you on the trail.