Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/2-epic.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/href.php on line 142
We've been getting a lot of emails asking how the trails are holding up to the relentless round of storms rolling through. If the camp was this weekend we'd be in trouble - next weekend it would likely be good to go based on the 7 day forecast (sunny and 50's).
Yesterday we even ran into muck on Prospector trail (just north of Church Rocks). That opened the door for riding the Bracken's loop, a trail that I never considered would be rideable. OK it wasn't for the most part, but lots of it was frozen sand full of deep horse prints. Fun in a bizarre way...and killer scenery.
The bottom line is we just don't know what conditions will be like in a month. They can improve - or deteriorate - quickly around here. A week of good weather and everything under 4k' will likely be good to go. We will call it the week before the camp. What we really don't want is to invite y'all here from all over the country and then ask you not to ride vulnerable trails when you get here.
Rant: The trails are kinda rideable when they are wet with a lot of slipping around and churning up the clay and dirt. This kind of riding is fun once in a while but trashes the trail, sometimes beyond repair. It is super tiresome to hear out of town folks say "
CL v1.0 vets will recall the windy Blakes climb of day 2. I'd estimate 2+ feet of snow up there right now. (!) We won't be riding Blakes, or Jem, or Gooseberry - those areas all got pretty hammered. Still a lot of options if the weather cooperates. Stay tuned.