At Trans Rockies each night the course designer would give us a course overview – big screen, 3D Google Earth flyovers.
It’s pretty easy to put one together, so here’s the first 145 miles of Trans Utah. Things to look for:
– a popular local trail in the first few miles
– an early river crossing. It will likely be dark for this one.
– high speed desert cruising
– a climb up the Hurricane cliffs
– Little Creek mesa
– Goulds/Jem singletrack
– The climb up bright red Smith Mesa (yes, it’s that bright)
– Climbing in Zion NP
– Kolob Res
– The end of the track is where the Virgin River Rim trail begins…
Should be a good first day, eh?
If y’all like this vid I’ll create them for the entire route. It really is a lot different on the ground, but this gives a good idea of the major landforms we’ll pass through/over.
Man, I am so bummed to be missing this inaugral event. Next year, I think I’m gonna skip all the Adventure Races, and do as many of these multiday bike races as I can.
Comments are closed.