At Trans Rockies each night the course designer would give us a course overview - big screen, 3D Google Earth flyovers.
It's pretty easy to put one together, so here's the first 145 miles of Trans Utah. Things to look for:
- a popular local trail in the first few miles
- an early river crossing. It will likely be dark for this one.
- high speed desert cruising
- a climb up the Hurricane cliffs
- Little Creek mesa
- Goulds/Jem singletrack
- The climb up bright red Smith Mesa (yes, it's that bright)
- Climbing in Zion NP
- Kolob Res
- The end of the track is where the Virgin River Rim trail begins...
Should be a good first day, eh?
If y'all like this vid I'll create them for the entire route. It really is a lot different on the ground, but this gives a good idea of the major landforms we'll pass through/over.